Net Zero & Sustainability
Perega is committed to achieving innovative and environmentally sustainable structural engineering solutions for our clients, drawing on the latest developments in research, policy, and technology.
Caring about the impact projects have on people and the environment
Environmental considerations are a key part of our decision-making process and we work within the framework of ISO 14001 in order to minimise our impact on the environment.
Working in partnership with clients, other professionals and contractors, we pursue designs that achieve environmentally sound and energy-efficient buildings. Wherever feasible we specify the use of sustainable and renewable materials, recycle and re-use materials on-site, and identify ways to reduce the carbon footprint. We have a Net Zero Carbon group who aim to educate our employees, develop carbon calculation and reduction tools and promote a low carbon culture, keeping us at the forefront of innovation.
To reduce the strain on resources, we promote a wide variety of alternative sustainable urban drainage techniques. We also advise clients on less traditional methods of surface water management, such as the use of rainwater harvesting and the incorporation of living roofs and walls.
To constantly pursue ever higher standards of sustainability, Perega commit to:
- Incorporate environmental management procedures into all business decisions
- Design energy-efficient and environmentally sound buildings
- Minimise waste through reuse, recycling, and recovery
- Use sustainable goods and services whenever feasible
- Measure, evaluate and improve our environmental and Net Zero Carbon performance
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Be Net Zero Carbon by 2030.