Caring about the impact projects have on people and the environment
Perega is committed to achieving innovative and environmentally sustainable solutions for our clients, drawing on the latest developments in research, policy, and technology.
Environmental considerations are a key part of our decision-making process and we work within the framework of ISO 14001 in order to minimise our impact on the environment.
In close consultation with clients, other professionals and contractors, we pursue designs that achieve environmentally sound and energy-efficient buildings. Wherever feasible we specify the use of sustainable and renewable materials; recycle and re-use materials on-site and identify ways to reduce the carbon footprint.
To reduce the strain on resources, we promote a wide variety of alternative sustainable urban drainage techniques. We also advise clients on less traditional methods of surface water management such as the use of rainwater harvesting and the incorporation of living roofs and walls.
Through working in partnership, we constantly pursue ever higher standards of sustainability.
Perega’s environmental policy includes a commitment to:
- Incorporate environmental management procedures into all business decisions
- Integrate environmentally responsible concepts into working practices
- Design energy-efficient and environmentally sound buildings.
- Minimise waste through reuse, recycling, and recovery
- Use sustainable goods and services whenever feasible
- Measure and evaluate our environmental performance
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement