Senior Façade Engineer, Southend
Perega Clear Structures has a requirement for a senior façade engineer to join our busy structural team in Southend-on-Sea. We regularly undertake the façade design of prestigious projects across a range of sectors including education, stadia, transport, residential and commercial for a range of clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and driven engineer who is keen to develop their career in façade engineering. The role will involve working with established teams to manage/assist an existing client base with a view to expanding a team-leading role bringing in new clients and managing a wide portfolio of work in due course.
- An innate understanding of structural engineering and façade physics
- All round experience in building structures
- Proven UK design experience utilising Eurocodes/British Standards
- Chartered membership of the IStructE or ICE preferred
- Competent with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in steel, stainless steel, aluminium, timber and glass
- Good verbal and written communication skills with experience of report writing essential
- Good understanding of the importance of detailing to façade structures
- Experience of coaching and briefing CAD technicians and less experienced engineers
- Experience of site inspections/surveys essential
- Experience of meetings/communicating with clients and other professionals is essential as well as a confident manner in dealing with them
- Self-motivated and capable of supporting/working within an existing team
- Commitment to health and safety, CDM and CPD requirements
Salary will be a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Company pension, private healthcare, professional fees and generous business mileage rate.