Senior Building Surveyor, Leeds
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior building surveyor to join our busy team in Leeds. This role may also suit a senior engineer with appropriate experience and a keen interest in managing building refurbishment and repair projects.
The successful candidate will be required to have a flexible approach to problem solving and the management and running of projects, working in a small, friendly team of structural and civil engineers, and building surveyors. Attention to detail is imperative to ensure client expectations are fully satisfied.
Travel throughout the country will be required, although principally throughout the north and Midlands.
Responsibilities of the role
- Working within a small team of engineers and surveyors, being responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of building repair and refurbishment projects, acting as contract administrator and reporting back to the associate / director.
- Accepting and confirming instructions and maintaining regular contact with clients throughout the course of the project.
- Running refurbishment and building repair projects on a variety of building types and contract values ranging from £50k to £1m from initial survey, production of specifications and schedules of work, preparation of budget estimates, applying for and liaising with relevant authorities to ensure all appropriate statutory consents are obtained, to obtaining tenders and acting as contract administrator throughout the construction period.
- Liaising effectively with clients, local authorities and other design team members.
- Undertaking a variety of surveys including planned maintenance surveys, pre-acquisition surveys, investigating building defects and providing clear, detailed and informative reports to clients.
- Developing business with new and existing clients.
- Enthusiastic and adaptable approach to work and the learning of new skills.
- Competent and sound knowledge of:
- Building construction
- Investigation and identification of defects in buildings
- Building Regs/planning
- CDM Regulations
- Microsoft Office suite
- Minimum 5 years post-graduate with relevant experience.
- MRICS qualified or able to demonstrate working towards MRICS standard with sound knowledge and experience gained through hands-on experience. Alternatively, MIStructE / MICE qualified with sound knowledge of building construction and improvements.
- Experience in:
- Specification and schedule of works writing
- Contract administration of small to medium sized projects (£50k to £1m)
- Report writing
- Diagnosis of building defects and good working knowledge of building construction
- Planned maintenance inspections and preparation of PMI reports
- Pre-acquisition building surveys of residential, commercial and industrial premises
- Undertaking work on Listed Buildings
- An understanding of Party Wall matters and the requirements for the service of Notices under the Party Wall Etc Act 1996
- CAD skills
- Familiar with the use of NBS
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Perega offers a competitive benefits package.
To apply for this position, please send your cv to email@example.com